Boy Scouts of America, Greater Colorado Council
Magness Advnture Camp.jpg
cdhs oec transparent


Camping Registrar – JoLynne Conrad

Phone: (720) 266-2143

Camping Director – Position Vacant

Phone: (720) 266-2106

Ranch Superintendent Scott Field

Ranger Josh Field

Camping SpecialistJohn Braselton

Documents & Links


Social Media

Join Our Team

Magness Adventure Camp

Let the Adventure Begin

Magness Adventure Camp offers a wide range of opportunities for groups with the rolling hills and single access road. Magness has been home to multiple events such as festivals, outdoor training conferences and youth group day camps. Magness Adventure Camp is located on the west side of McNeil Scout Ranch at Peaceful Valley in Elbert, Colorado. The camp is approximately a one-hour drive from downtown Denver. From the Magness Tower, the camp boasts sweeping views of the Front Range, including Pikes Peak.

Current Council Programs

A great opportunity for youth to gain valuable leadership skills that can be used not only in their unit but in their everyday life.

Non-Scouting Groups

McNeil Scout Ranch at Peaceful Valley is a private camp owned and operated by Greater Colorado Council, Boy Scouts of America. Advance reservations must be placed prior to arriving at camp. All program activities must be supported at the unit level. 

Popular Amenities:

  • 3 concrete shelters with restroom & shower facilities
  • Tent Camping availability around each shelter
  • Large Field Access
See full list of amenities and estimated prices below.

Reservations at camp are based on first-come first-serve availability. Depending on the amount of attendees & amenities being requested – camp maybe shared with other groups unless specifically requested. Please make sure that you have the information below to help better speed the reservation process.

Group Contact Information:

  • Group Name
  • Contact Person
  • Mailing Address
  • Phone
  • Email

Event Information needed to make a reservation: 

  1. Arrival & Departure Date
  2. Est. number of attendees
  3. Desired Amenities (see Available Amenities List)

Once you have gathered all the necessary information you can place a request to the Camping Department. To place a request – use the online form. (If the form is not operating correctly, please contact the Camping Department directly.)

  1. All request will take 1-3 business days to process.
  2. The Camping Department schedule a meeting to review all information before reservations are confirmed.
  3. Pricing will be determined during meeting. 

Camping Department

Phone: (720) 266-2143


Once your reservation has been confirmed – you will be sent an invoice with a required down payment to lock in your reservation. Payments instructions will be listed in the invoice. 

Payment Methods:

  1. Credit/ Debit Card (VISA, MasterCard)
  2. Check (please include copy of invoice)

Payable to: Greater Colorado Council, BSA

Mailing Address: 10455 W 6th Ave., Suite 100, Denver, CO 80215

“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information is also available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at, or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provided in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.”